Hey everyone! It's hard to believe that this ministry has been active for just over a month now. I'm so thankful for all the support I have received throughout this process so far. As of April 1st, 2017 we have:
- mailed 12 cards (plus a few extras from mothers who did not request one through the website).
- reached multiple countries including the U.K., Australia, and Brazil, as well as Canada.
- reached nearly 400 combined "likes" on facebook and instagram.
And most importantly,
- honored baby's lives and encouraged mothers (I hope!) who may have otherwise have gone unacknowledged on their roughest days.
Thank you all for a great first month. I have multiple requests in line for each month throughout the rest of the year, and also some starting to fall in for 2018. I am so, so thankful.
If you'd like to help out in any way, there are a few things you can do:
- Get in touch with me regarding card design; I'd like to build up a significant stash so I'm not running around crazy trying to make some (like I did just last week when I had 4 requests going out in one day). You don't have to be a professional or an artist at all, the point of this ministry is not to send out perfect Hallmark cards. If you are interested, I can message you some specifics.
- Be in continued prayer for the success of WLG&J and that we are able to reach as many people as possible. Also, I have been quiet about this, but I have two possible partnership opportunities on the horizon; both of which would be a huge blessing in terms of publicity AND the amount of mothers I can reach.
- And lastly, if you feel led to do so, donate! I do not make money from this ministry and everything so far has come from my own pocket.
When I reach 500 followers on Facebook, I will be hosting another giveaway. This will be your chance to score some custom WLG&J gear (think coffee cups, notepads, pens, bags, etc). Please share the page and tell your friends (because I want to spoil some of you with some cool stuff!).
Don't forget to submit your story if you're ready to! I personally would love to read it, and I know it would encourage so many more mothers.