(photo is of Jessica, the designer of this site and my logo!)
Just a quick post to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you who purchased a tee and/or donated during my Daniel shirt fundraiser! Each purchase and donation, no matter how big or small, means so much to me! Altogether that brought in about $275 which is awesome! Every penny stays right here in this ministry to help pay for normal operating costs (website fees, postage, supplies, etc) AND to help with the conference I hope to be attending in about six weeks.
My goal for that is $1,000. We are still quite a bit away from that. I'm believing God will make a way, but if not, HE IS STILL GOOD! Maybe the time for my ministry to attend as a sponsor will be next year. Or the year after that. I don't know. But I do know that His plans are good (Romans 8:28) and that HE will establish my steps (Prov. 16:9)!
If you have purchased a tee, I'd love it if you could snap a pic and send it to the facebook page! I have an album there where I've been sharing all the pictures submitted. I sold 48 tees, I need 40 more pictures! ;)
It's been a while since I've done a ministry update, so I'll throw that in this little post too!
- I was recently featured on the Dear Rowan blog, a sweet up-and-coming blog by Megan Whitworth about motherhood, joy, and loss. You can read my post here. I told Megan I would probably do better answering questions Q&A style because I tend to wander when left to my own devices, but as you can see I still talked and talked and those paragraphs are anything but short. Give it a read if you have some time!
- A few months back I took a poll on facebook about what you guys would like to see the ministry do, and the top result was more videos! I've been feeling a tugging to start a YouTube channel, but right now I'm just praying for guidance. I keep asking God, "Why me? You know I don't like to watch or hear myself talk!" But as God continually does, he puts us out of our comfort zone to reach more people (2 Tim. 1:7).
- I'm still super busy with card requests, averaging about 1-2 a day. Although, this week I don't have ANY on the schedule, and I'm really thankful God gave me a week off! The rest of this month through November are going to be incredibly busy though, I've noticed there is a lot of hurt during these few months.
Some specific things to be in prayer for:
- That God would be with the hurting moms and dads who are receiving cards in the next couple of weeks. What some of these mothers write in their requests absolutely crushes me, no one should have to bear such pain.
- That I would be given clear direction about what comes next for this ministry.
- I've had it on my heart to write a book (maybe a devotional, maybe not) about my experience. I used to write all the time and when I was a teenager, I wrote several full-length novels. It really is a passion of mine but it's so hard to find time. I believe a book would be a great way to provide funding in the early months (probably years) of this ministry.
Thank you all for reading! If you have any ideas about the future of this ministry, or any video ideas, let me know! I'm all ears! Send a message on FB or leave a comment.